Friday 4 May 2012

Cold early start

Rather cold at 05:30 at the sailing club, the 2 Oystercatcher on the beach as usual, 1 Common Sandpiper and 1 Cuckoo calling quite nearby. LFGP 06:00 was quiet, but another Cuckoo was calling, a flock of c100 Swallow took my attention and led to my picking up 3 Yellow Wagtaill heading North under the Swallows. Half hour later 3 Arctic Terns went thru fast North quite high. The Oystercatcher went came in, but continued North, a lone Lapwing came in and I heard a Common Sandpiper call once. A loud Song Thrush in Lodge Wood gave frequent calls like a Greenshank and Whitethroat called constantly, two unidentified small jobs went overhead whilst I filled the feeder, were either small finches, or could have been chats, but I think to make a claim would be reaching.
Later Richard had 2 Black Terns pass thru LFGP, I was short on time, so dropped in at BSL, had 30 mins, no terns, but did pick up a brief Hobby on the far side.

No comments:

Post a Comment