Saturday 7 July 2012

Awaiting gull sp news

Whilst standing at the sailing club, a text came in saying a gull sp had just been chased off LFGP, I dashed to Lavell's but nothing doing, a female Shoveler asleep on the bund was all. I moved onto Sandford, just Black Headeds asleep, but an Oystercatcher on one of the islands may soon be the last we will see of the species this year and 2 Hobby hunting overhead was nice too. I returned to the sailing club, scanning the whole area I picked up 14 or more Swift, a Kestrel over Winnersh Triangle, 10+ Pied Wagtail on and around the jetty and a Hobby moving South, momentarily thinking it looked a little long winged....yeah right. I await record shots of the gull and hope it wasn't the Sabine's from Herts passing thru.
Post script : It wasn't the Sabine's, just a juv Black Headed......phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment