Tuesday 11 September 2012

Sept 11th always turns up something

For some reason we do tend to get a good bird on the 11th September....and 2012 is no exception, with PBT finding a Spotted Flycatcher on the island from Teal Hide, which I relocated along the Loddon path just 40 yards short of the green bridge. I left only to get a call from Trevor at 11:10 during my work conference call, that a juvenile Turnstone had just flown in at LFGP. I had no choice but to wait until the call finished at nearly 12:00, before I could leave and not before dropping my mums dog at the groomers and my mum home. Luckily it was still there on the Eastern lake edge. Only my third ever, but only the 10th ever and first in Sept, although 2 records do not appear in the Berks Bird Report, these were 2/14th May 1990 (LB) and 1/7th July 1991 (LB), if only we knew who LB was???

As it is such a local rarity I am posting 4 wonderfully aweful record shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment