Thursday 27 September 2012

Swallows in big numbers

Funny I saw so few this morning, by lunchtime Trev called to say good numbers were on the move, so I joined him overlooking the landfill to see 150+ moving East, 10% House Martins too. 10+ Meadow Pipit over South too, Parakeet calling to the East often, 2's & 3's of Buzzard very high up to the North and West. As I walked back to my car 5 Siskin went East over the car park.
Encouraged by the hirundine passage I went back again to find the numbers even greater, 500 to 1000 Swallows massing over the landfill and general DP airspace, 10+ Meadow Pipit on the landfill itself. About to leave I got on to a distant large long tailed raptor against very dark clouds beyond Lodge Wood and failed to see any rufous colouring, ti went behind the wood and I never saw it again.....shame. A very quick visit to LFGP offered just a lone Green Sandpiper, a few Teal and Shoveler

No comments:

Post a Comment