Thursday 4 October 2012

I forgot

When Trevor joined me to see the Common Sandpiper, we heard a Water Rail giving 'picking' calls, the first this Autumn, but based on the past records, it is likely to have been present a week, or two.
Additionally, I have re-read up on Sandwich Terns and of course adults in winter plumage have white foreheads. I can't say I saw dark feathers on the tails due to range, but I don't really care either.
Further post event note from yesterday, when 2 Coal Tits passed by in a small tit flock whilst we waited for the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker to come to roost.  On that note I wish to urge all that come to see the Lesser Spotted, use common sense and DO NOT PUBLISH THE LOCATION, OR EGG COLLECTORS WILL COME NEXT YEAR and I would hate to have to resort to threatening those that would harm our birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment