Monday 10 December 2012

Feeling lucky

A mid morning walk and I could find no trace of yesterdays Ruddy Duck, so I feel so very lucky to have seen this now rare duck this year. I have no intention of keeping sightings if they help DEFRA in their pointless and wrong cull of this brilliant little duck. Perhaps if DEFRA put a price on Mink I might give them some credit, but this and the currently postponed Badger cull, spells out to me that they are muppets, who could help farmers by funding cattle inoculation instead.

The Goldeneye count was at least 8 and may well have been 10+, 3 males, but with the females were spread all over BSL, it was too hard to count them accurately. All the other ducks were in low numbers, perhaps with the exception of Pochard, 40+ on Sandford and another circa 20 on BSL.

A good number of dead Alders have fallen in the recent bad weather along with our Lesser Spotted Woodpecker tree, so that is a big shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment