Wednesday 26 December 2012

Patchwork challenge

Not expecting to have half the time I had to patch in 2012, am still hoping to get a good 2013 DP year list, but either way I am registered for the patchwork challenge http://patchworkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
I know Marek is doing it at DP this year, so am looking forward to his keen eyes finding a goodie at some point. You go for it Marek, I'd like a Red Breasted Merganser, or Bewick's Swan in March and a Little Stint and Curlew Sandpiper in May.
I stick to the belief that Great Northern Diver is the most common Berks winter and passage visitor not seen at DP yet, so it has to be on one early morning soon.
Obviously one prefers to find your own stuff, nothing beats finding a patch tick and for me Wryneck this year was a triple wow as I missed both the previous birds in 1986 and 1997, so a further 15 years of pain were all washed away in a momentous wave as my eyes got my brain to realise I was looking at a Wryneck through my scope.....still smiling now.
Look forward to sharing the patchwork challenge with any of you who bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment