Friday 25 January 2013

Doubley Ruff

A brief visit this morning but I failed to find the Ruff again, I did see 1 Dunlin again on the far landfill cell and good numbers of Fieldfare to the far right. Another report of LSW made me feel like I have to connect soon.
Later Brian texted to say he'd finally connected with 2 Golden Plover at LFGP, so I fancied another 'bird day' for my January tally and headed on down.
We passed each other half way and I hurried on, hoping for a closer picture opportunity, instead the first bird I scoped was the Ruff, so I clicked away. Then began panning left, only to see a Ruff flying in from the right and thinking I might have lost it for a moment, I watched it land and went back the spot where I'd seen it first and quickly realised it was a second, which had more white around the face...excellent, 2 Ruff is a fantastic winter record.
I then looked for the 2 Golden Plover, which were miles away in the far right of the far landfill cell.
Ian arrived and year ticked the Ruff, but Marek arrived just a few minutes too late for us to re-find them in the quickening gloom.
Ruff 2

Ruff 1

Both Ruff either side of Lapwing

No comments:

Post a Comment