Thursday 24 January 2013

General walk about

I brought quality mixed seed and went upstream along the Loddon, opposite Sandford Copse to WSL, throwing handfuls in thick undergrowth and ivy clumps at eye height, I guess I am hoping Wrens, Dunnocks and maybe even the odd Goldcrest will get a much needed snack and help them along until it warms up Fri/Sat, as forecast.
I went on to BSL counting 16 Goldeneye, 7 males, so quite a good count, a couple of Bullfinch went over, 2 Treecreeper near to Sandford hide, then scanning gulls, I got onto a an adult and a 1st winter that looked quite good for Yellow Legged, but miles away at the South end, so off I marched to check them out, but they both turned out to be Herrings.....better safe than sorry.
I looped back via the West side of Sandford, 2-3 Goldcrest, a mixed flock of tits, 1's and 2's of Redwing and Fieldfare over, but nothing on the lake as it was still totoally frozen.
Contemplating a very quick run up to LFGP, I had a Great Spotted Woodpecker, double checking for Lesser, but no luck. A few Goldfinch, Chaffinch and more tits were all near the Mill and I decided to head home for a late breakfast without going to LFGP, hoping nothing was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment