Saturday 5 January 2013

Late afternoon additions

I got to Sandford around 15:30 thinking I would be too late for the Chiffchaff reported there for the last 2 days, but it was there chasing insects, like 2 Goldcrest nearby. I heard Treecreeper for the year too.
Onward to WSL for Bittern again, also Cetti's called there, then a count of Goldeneye on BSL, 3 (1m) and a second count at Sandford increased from 30 mins before to 17 (6m), so 20 in total was the highest count in early Jan since 2007. There were also 13 Great Crested Grebe visible on BSL.
Interesting report from Marek of roosting Little Egret on BSL smaller island, also reporting 2 at LFGP.
I went on to Lavell's for a glimpse of Barn Owl and it was a very brief glimpse, plus a brief call from Tawny Owl, puts me on a quite healthy 71 of 75.
I want to clean up tomorrow and get Feral Pigeon, Pheasant, Lesser Redpoll, if possible connecting with Coal Tit and perhaps adding Grey Wagtail.

1 comment:

  1. The Lea Farm Egrets were together so there's definitely 2. I guess the Black Swan bird might have been 1 of the Lea Farm birds but I suspect not. So, at least 2 and probably 3 Little Egrets in the area.

    ReplyDelete