Sunday 20 January 2013

Late Sunday visit

Tied up all day, I was glad to get out for a quick walk, taking a scenic shot of the sun through snowy clouds at Sandford, quickly viewing BSL and then doubling back to LFGP, catching 30+ Fieldfare that settled on an Ash at Sandford briefly.

At LFGP, it was evident that Snipe were still present in numbers and two checks gave a new winter high count of 41, 39 of which were in the snow covered grassy slopes facing the lake, so fairly easy to count. As I was counting I picked up a Dunlin amongst the Lapwing, which was pretty tricky to see as it too was walking in the deep snow. Suddenly everything flushed but I never saw what caused it, just that the Dunlin left West calling frequently. I final count and I picked up a lone Golden Plover, but 2 more flew over West before it was time to leave.

Lone Golden Plover hiding amongst the Lapwing


No comments:

Post a Comment