Sunday 10 February 2013

One rainy Sunday

As forecast it was raining all day, a 08:45 quick check of Ten scrape produced 6 Snipe, all common, but a DP first for me was mating Teal in the scrape at the very back. I don't believe for one second they will stay to breed here, but nice to see anyway.
On to the bird walk and rather few ducks on BSL really, Sandford had very few as well, a brief Sparrowhawk, the usual Chiffchaff along the backwater, a lone Siskin over. At LFGP several Herring Gulls kept me busy for a few minutes and as usual I snapped away with my iphone camera.



135+ Wigeon, 50+ Teal, the years second Great Black Backed Gull flew over North, 30-50 Lapwing, 150 Starling and I did get onto a flock of finch heading West beyond Lodge Wood, but they were too distant to identify and lost behind the wood itself. At Bittern Hide the 6 Snipe still sat, a few Teal, Gadwall, pair of Shoveler, plus 2-3 Lesser Redpoll on the feeders was about it.
I even went back to LFGP for 17:00 and got wet all over again......for nothing, no Woodcock showed and I don't blame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment