Monday 11 February 2013

Rain, rain, rain....okay snow, snow, sleet! It's flooding either way.

I had a quick morning walk to LFGP while I could, back to wellies again as the path was submerged but passable, but I expect won't be tonight. The Lapwing flock was distant and very hard to look thru with it snowing so hard, I could hear most of the Teal were in the deep vegetation of the submerged SW corner.


Suddenly all the Black headed Gulls have vanished, perhaps on flooded fields?

A singing Goldfinch just outside the hide, seemed out of character for the conditions, a Little Grebe swimming along with the turbulent Loddon flow also made me wonder how they would catch fish in the brown fast flowing water.

Will we ever have dry paths again, well of course we will, but it makes me laugh to think of those fools in WBC who think adding a hard surface to make a lovely cycle track along the Loddon is a good idea, with flooding like this all winter many sections of their precious cycle path will be gone in a month....muppets.

And yes, we will fight against it all the way, how dare they intend to ruin our most tranquil and beautiful, quiet riverside walk!


No comments:

Post a Comment