Wednesday 6 March 2013

An early start

I was awake by 06:30 and thought I'd get out for an early walk, at Lavell's it was pretty quiet bar the Teal feeding avidly in the scrape. No sign of any Barn Owl though.
Onwards a loop round Sandford, Treecreeper singing nicely, then I inspected the good work by DP blocking off all access for people and dogs, to the old path on Sandford running parallel with BSL near the sailing club, just after I passed the MAC a Grey Wagtail went over heading that way and was only my second this year, showing how tricky this species is early in the year.
On my walk to LFGP a further 3 Treecreeper singing, so great to know they are doing well here, I then paused at the gate scanning downstream, only to get a brief glimpse of a Barn Owl quartering the meadow in between the Loddon river courses.
I scanned the LFGP lake edges for pipits in hope of Rock, but no joy and same story for an early LRP.... the earliest arrival ever was on this day in 1989!
Back at home a superbly bright Lesser Redpoll on my Nyger had me thinking could this be Mealy, am still not sure, it never showed it's back to help matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment