Sunday 24 March 2013

Re post - Migrants still arriving despite blizzard conditions

I have been experiencing a few photo problems, where the series doesn't load, so am attempting a re-post.

Saturday, I joined some others at LFGP hoping to see a suspect gull, but instead saw our first Swallow flying around in the awful snowy grey conditions. In some ways it seemed tragic to see the first one for the year circling the lake picking who knows what off the surface in pelting snow, but I guess they are much hardier than we know, we can only hope so.

23rd March heavy snow LFGP












First Swallow 23rd March 2013 LFGP















Shortly after, a pair of Mandarin which had been seen along the Loddon earlier, then flew over South calling, making it 2 year ticks in about an hour.....lucky me!


Later outside my house our second Pheasant in 2 years was somehow discreetly wandering around the neighbours driveway in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment