Friday 29 March 2013

Slow to update things

I have lapsed a bit on updates, but shall use the excuse of the issues I am having with updating my year list and viewing photos on blogs. Before about a week ago when I clicked on photos it would bring up a row of thumbnails, but now it just zooms in and no thumbnails are shown, plus you have to hit the back button to get out the photo section. I have no idea whether this is Firefox, or Blogger?
Anyway, I have been out, at dusk on the 27th with no sign of Bitterns at WSL, still 9 Goldeneye (6 male) on BSL, another on Sandford.
A very quick walk down to outside Ron's hide, provided a brief but good view of Woodcock, quickly moving left to right at 18:55, at about half tree height, probably looping over towards Lodge Wood. This is so late and must be due to the cold weather.
Yesterday I visited LFGP mid am, but counting the 9 Goldeneye on Sandford (5 male), found 7 more on LFGP (4 male), 16 is a very good count for late March!
Finally today, Marek called me to say a male Garganey was asleep on the North spit of LFGP, fantastic news I said and despite a short wait while we juggled family things, it was still asleep for my short trip to year tick it, putting me nicely on 98 out of 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment