Monday 4 March 2013

Still full of cold

Sunday I was hoping to clear my head a little and headed out mid am, it was quickly obvious it had been a hard frost, much of LFGP was frozen and a good number of BH Gulls stood waiting to be checked, but no Med or anything exciting appeared obvious.














I heard that someone had seen Oystercatcher at Tern Scrape earlier, but it had flown off.

This morning I was no better, but wanted a stab at Oystercatcher, feeling LFGP was a better option, I arrived 08:25 and at 08:34 one flew in from the North calling constantly, circling 4 times, even looking like it fancied one of the Tern rafts for a moment or two, but then decided otherwise and headed off over Lavell's, but I did find it there later....perhaps it was on the gold course on BSL main island?

On my walk back the bright sunshine was warming things up and woodpeckers called all over the place, then a Coal Tit gave it's quiet chattering call and I picked it up in the Blackthorn by the hazel fencing, but it flew over the Loddon immediately and went off into the gardens. My  second sighting this year.

A Great Spotted Woodpecker posed for a moment on the obvious dead Alder there.






















At Lavell's the Pochard have been lingering since the tree felling began at Sandford, now 65 have gathered, which is a pretty good count for the time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment