Saturday 13 April 2013

Willow Warblers galore

From the moment I arrived at the car park Willow Warbler was singing, another at the bottom of the car park field, 2 possibly 3 more along the Loddon. Martin counted 5 around BSL, so probably into double figures across the whole park, from none yesterday. Richard had seen Coal Tit a few minutes before I got there and I picked it up with other tits moving along the East hedgerow of the car park field, Blackcap was singing in several places too.

I thought I'd pop in my Common Tern pic from yesterday;















At LFGP a few Swallow and Sand Martin were trickling thru, several heading South, then Richard picked up a male Wheatear on the far landfill which moved slowly towards the back ridge as we left, a brilliant bad record shot opportunity if ever there was;



















Paul mentioned he had a Whitethroat up by the bailey bridge, just off park boundaries, but noteworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment