Friday 19 April 2013

Worth running for

I completed a fast sweep of the car park field and BSL sailing club with 10 Willow Warbler being the only notable thing, on to LFGP where even less with 2 Wigeon, 1 Teal, 1 Lapwing and 2 Common Sandpiper.

As I left the hide Brian called me with excitement in his voice, "I've got a female Pied Flycatcher at the picnic area" he said, "on my way, ETA 10 minutes" I said.

I ran up the gold course strip from the MAC and after a minutes wait, she appeared, looking beautiful, only the third we'd seen and the first female. There have been other reports 4-5 others reported, but I am still trying to investigate the authenticity of 1, or 2 of these claims.

Happily this female perched long enough to allow a couple of record shots;




No comments:

Post a Comment