Wednesday 1 May 2013

An intriguing report

At LFGP today and lady came into the hide with her husband and dog and told us her Nightjar was back, she went on to explain that they lived backing onto St Nicholas church in Hurst and every night last year from late April to late August a Nightjar called, but she only found out it was one for sure when she recorded it and sent the recording to the RSPB, who confirmed the call as Nightjar.
And now it's back she said.....hmmm I thought I wonder if it can be heard from the car park so I can get it on my DP list?
Well, we'll have to see, being my birthday I'm not sure I can get out there tonight, but as it is going to be a warm afternoon and evening, it just might be worth a try.
Sandford offered little, Oystercatchers of course, but no sign of any Shoveler, LFGP had little on it today either, no sign of the Teal, 1 Lapwing, 1 Cuckoo over, I did hear Lesser Redpoll on the walk back to the car and Nuthatch was singing loudly beyond Sandford Mill, lots of Buzzard, Kite and Sparrowhawk up in the warming air.

1 comment:

  1. I find it incredibly hard to believe there's a Nightjar in Hurst! Intriguing though! I'd go to the church first to see if there really is anything there. Finally got a calling Cuckoo at Lavell's last night. On 108 now.

    ReplyDelete