Tuesday 28 May 2013

Rainy Monday

It being half term meant an early drop off in the rain and despite my chesty cough, sore throat and all that, I went for a quick scan of BSL, it promptly began raining harder, so it was very quick, 5-6 Common Tern, 200+ hirundines, mostly Swallow, 40+ Swift, and afew House Martin. My similar visit on Friday I think was 300+, but c100 House Martin and just 1 Sand Martin.
























At LFGP a single Oystercatcher might give us reason to hope one is sitting again, but 5 Mandarin was remarkable, a pair and 3 more amorous males, which moved around the whole lake and even posed on one of the 'T' bars for a few minutes.

The Terns look well settled on the right hand raft and I have been seeing them pass over my house regularly, no doubt heading for the Thames at or near Sonning/TVP.

No sign of the Lesser Whitethroat on opposite side of Loddon by the Sandford Farm works, but who can blame it in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment