Tuesday 9 July 2013

The end of the seaside sound around Woodley

I stopped briefly and took shots of the old Linpac site being demolished.



















I am not convinced they waited until all the Herring and Lesser Black-backed Gull chicks had fledged, so you can see them hanging out all around the work in progress.

Last night near to dusk I watched them circling the gardens surrounding mine and they were obviously catching insects, something I've not seen in larger gulls before. So if you want to see it, I reckon you have fews days left to do so and won't get a chance to see it again around Woodley, which is kind of a shame on one hand, but better for surrounding wildlife, like the Coot chicks I watched being eaten whole by a lone Herring Gull

Soon a new development of probably houses and lots of apartments will replace that derelict old pile of metal.........which was quite good for birds, such as Little Owl, Grey Wagtail and had Lesser Whitethroat one year.


No comments:

Post a Comment