Thursday 22 August 2013

A Little bonus

PBT had a Yellow Wagtail over before I got there today at 08:45.

I arrived at the car park field 09:30, scanning the wires I headed towards the style and was 30 yards from it when I saw a small bird flick to the left hand oak, binning it I immediately realised it was a Redstart, probably a juvenile male. After just 3-4 seconds it flew out of view and I could not relocate it by 10:20. Redstart is 95th Species for the month.

During the search I scanned the landfill and farm scrub, finding Whitethroat, a few chiffchaff and suddenly heard a Little Owl, it called 3-4 times, then again 5 minutes later, but I could not locate it and it never called again....bonus bird or what. This marks a new fifth highest year list of 127 and 96 species for the month.

Ring-necked Parakeets were noisy and I finally saw 3 feeding on the pear tree to the right of Lea Farm, the shots were terrible;


No comments:

Post a Comment