Saturday 17 August 2013

Missing some, getting others

Friday I was tied up and left my phone on silent, only to find Geoff texted mid morning with species 89 for the month, a Garganey at LFGP, but no sign at 14:00 when I got there, just 6 Swift over high South. At the car park field/balancing pool 3+ Sand Martin, 70-100 Swallow, brief snippets of parakeet call, seen later by Brian.

Today Richard texted with a Wheatear on Tern scrape, as far as I am aware, the first since 1993 and allowed good photo opportunities for numerous folks. Geoff said he may have had a Spotted Flycatcher, but it was too brief. Later, at the bottom of the car park, I saw the Wheatear again briefly, a Hobby briefly, 100+ Swallow, 3 Sand Martin, 3-4 Swift, 1 Sparrowhawk, lots of Kites, but only distant Buzzard, then through the scope I saw a probable Yellow Wagtail, heading SW above the Loddon, too far to be 100% sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment