Saturday 31 August 2013

Still 3 Redstart

Another hour or so watching our wonderful Redstarts leads me to conclude, it is just the same 3 for their third day. The light plays havoc with tones when viewing and worse when catching record shots. Either way it is a minimum of 4 in August, when there were only 4 previous August records altogether.

I also believe the female type on the 28th is one of the three still present, this bird has the grey feathers showing in the top of the breast.

Here a  few new record shots of the male taken with my Nikon Coolpix L610 thru my swaro, give me a little while and I hope to improve the quality some what

























Unless someone turns up a Pochard, Mistle Thrush, Barn Owl, or something totally unexpected, we will end the month on 99, 6 more than last years new record for the month. I still suspect Barn Owl, or Skylark may have been present, probably Nightingale too.

No comments:

Post a Comment