Sunday 1 September 2013

September

Today was very busy with other things, so I didn't get out until after 12:00.

August produced 99 and 2 'AP's' (Assumed Present) in the form of Nightingale and Barn Owl, but one cannot be certain, so 99 is the official total.

The record for September is 104, set last year, the recod was 97 in 2010, 95 in 2011 & 2008, just 90 in 2009.

Today, just the male Redstart remained in the car park field, Nuthatch called as usual, but whilst watching the Redstart I heard a call which could be described as 3 low slowly delivered notes "tuuu, tuuu, tuuu", repeated about 10 minutes later, but then silence. After some subsequent listening on 'Xeno' I do believe it may well have been a Wood Warbler, which I would not expect this late, early August maybe. Anyway for what it's worth I am going to look first thing tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

A lone Common Sandpiper was reported at LFGP.

No comments:

Post a Comment