Tuesday 24 September 2013

Weekend away and nothing missed

A weekend away in Carlisle non birding, at my sisters wedding and am happy to say I missed nothing vital, I took a brief walk to Bittern Hide 18:45 last night, the mud edge on the main island still looks good for something, this time 6 Teal and not much else though. Peter had a Spotted Flycatcher in the morning, maybe the same bird on Sandford later, the latest was 29th Sept 2000.

A quick dusk walk to Bittern Hide at 19:00 and 35+ Greylag came in from the North making a lot of noise , headed over to BSL, circled and off back North, but may have landed on the landfill. At the hide I got onto a Reed Warbler feeding along the face of the main island reeds, the light was very poor, but I know it wasn't a Sedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment