Saturday 26 October 2013

October Goldeneye

Steve texted with the first Goldeneye of the autumn on LFGP, just the 8th record for October return birds, but the fourth since 2007. By the time I got there it had gone, but we re-found it at Sandford...as expected.
It is an adult male just completing it's moult. Also present were 3 Pochard, most of the Teal were on Teal Scrape, with Water Rail 'picking' and showing again briefly.

Month list is 87, equalling 2007, but 3 to go to match 90/2009, 4 to reach 91/2011, 6 for 93/2010 & 2012.

At Bittern Hide, I got onto Peregrine over the landfill again, this time circling and diving for 5 minutes and by it's compact look, must be the same male I saw recently. Correcting my earlier claim, this was my 6th for 2013, 4th this month.

With a big storm hitting overnight Sunday, I hope something really good shows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment