Saturday 5 October 2013

Yellow-browed Warbler

I have said it for the last 3-4 days and for Dave Rimes the park's first Yellow-browed Warbler showed for just a few seconds, very well, so sadly I wasn't the one to find it and didn't relocate it in my 4 and half hour search. Notably the tit flocks went missing after 13:00, making it hard to know where to look.

Meanwhile Meadow Pipit passage was considerable by our standards today, when I arrived after 11:00 groups of 16 and 11 and numerous groups of 4-8 went over, South and later SW, making an estimated count of 80+, which given no-one was counting earlier, could have been just the tip of the iceberg. 7 Swallow went thru on arrival.

On my search for the YBW I found at least 7 Chiffchaff mostly with the tits prior to 13:00, 1 or 2 as I walked around Lavell's, Sandford and along the Loddon to LFGP.

At LFGP 15:00 3 Meadow Pipit lingered in the SW corner, 30+ Teal there too. A Hobby was also reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment