Thursday 7 November 2013

Weds update

After I posted, Geoff texted with Mandarin and Goosander just flown in at LFGP, sadly I saw neither, despite the Goosander swimming into the SE corner, they never re-appeared. I did see Grey Wagtail on the walk back. Steve told me he thinks he had Little Egret this month.

This morning with it being so still, the air somehow felt very good, 2 Lesser Redpoll over, 4 Ring-necked Parakeet again, 1 Mistle Thrush, a couple of small flocks of Redwing, 2-3 groups of <10 Chaffinch, 3 flocks of around 100+ Wood Pigeon SW and again a distant tight flock of what were probably Golden Plover, but just too far to be 100% sure.

At my car I hung on hoping for a Yellowhammer and got onto a bulky bunting sized bird heading SE, with fluttering wings and an undulating flight, it may well have been Corn Bunting, but having packed my scope into the boot, I couldn't get enough on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment