Saturday 28 December 2013

Recent flood conditions

I didn't make it out til late boxing day, just to see where the water level was really. Quiet high, but had clearly dropped a foot by then.

















So I then went off for a quick walk up the old Colemansmoor Road, listening intently for crests, but getting none, I left.

Yesterday I had a further mooch around the Aviation Copse, 1 Goldcrest, Treecreeper, other tits. I went to inspect the water level from the meadow gates, a tree had fallen and was obstructing most the path.


















Today Sandford Lane was totally open, but Sandford still impassable West side. Goldeneye, 25+ Pochard, a few Gadwall. Bittern hide path is still a bit deep to bother trying.


I did the car park field til around 16:00, Lesser Redpoll over, then groups of around 10 Fieldfare & Redwing began coming to roost from the East, by 16:25 100+ Redwing.

I had to leave before proper dark, I caught a brief Tawny call, but felt a Woodcock might go over any moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment