Tuesday 7 January 2014

5 more

I forgot to add Collared Dove from the 3rd South of Rewood Lake so updated that today.

Around 09:30 I went to the main centre and still no sign of House Sparrow, not surprisingly with it chucking it down and howling wind. Many thrushes still on golf course, c150-200 Fieldfare.

At the MAC/DAC/sailing club, or whichever name you prefer, I may have heard Pied Wagtail and may have glimpsed Mistle Thrush, but added neither to my year list. As I waited taking cover from the rain in the Segway charging bay, I thought I had a Kittiwake, went to get my scope, but on return it had disappeared and must have just been a Common Gull!?

A walk up the sodden car park field, yielded returns with an immediate Peregrine circling over low East, looked large so was probably a female, then 2 Stock Dove over, a Buzzard landed at the back of Lavell's and I could see Wigeon in the distant flooded SE corner of LFGP. On the way back up the field a pair of Sparrowhawk glided over me together rather low towards Lavell's.

So am on a slightly more respectable 61, with both the very tricky species so far recorded this year - Lesser Spotted Woodpecker & Peregrine under the belt....nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment