Monday 3 February 2014

Bored of flooding now

I made a half hearted attempt to check the water levels yesterday, laughably there were 2 cars in the lay-by, both with water 3-4 inches above the sills, so even if water was not inside their cars yet, as soon as they opened their doors, it would gush in. I am speechless at the stupidity of some people.

I hung around for Coal Tit, but it was all too brief, to get lucky.

This morning, I had 30 minutes in the same spot and the water was down to 6-7 inches in the lay-by, so the nuermous 4 by 4's and vans were passing confidently, a few cars pushing on hesitantly.

I hung around the Sandford Lane/Old Colemansmoor Road T junction and a Nuthatch sang its heart out, even perching in view for 5 minutes, just 35-40 yards away, but with my scope in the car, missed a chance at a nice iphone record shot, knowing it would move as soon as I did....and it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment