Saturday 8 March 2014

A fine sunny hour

Marek texted me as I pulled into the car park, with news of the Little Owl again in the Oak near Lea Farm, by the time I joined him at the bottom of the car park field it was out of view, but reappeared in under 25 mins, doing the same twice more in the next 45 mins.

Scanning the landfill airspace whilst waiting I picked up a pair of Raven beyond LFGP, drifting slowly NNW, visible for 5 minutes, gaining height, before leaving them to view the Little Owl once more. This is the 3rd March Raven record in 4 years, but my 7th consecutive year of records.

I tried a record shot of the Little Owl, but failed miserably and didn't care one bit after adding two very good year ticks in one hour.

I was also told we now have 2 Oystercatcher and the Red-Crested Pocahrd are still about.

I ran out of time yesterday to blog my 2 Redshank at LFGP, so my total as of today is now 84 from 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment