Wednesday 16 April 2014

Elusive Gropper

Marek texted early yesterday saying Gropper calling near LFGP hide, but it went quiet long before I got there and only called twice after, but neither time I was there. Another report came from Bittern Hide later, but again despite a late dusk attempt at both sites, none called.

Over the past 3 days I have done sky watched from the car park and not seen much really, just Buzzard, Red Kites, the odd Sparrowhawk, Mistle Thrushes, which have no doubt fledged their young and seem to be in the grounds just to the East.

Today a brief walk to Bittern Hide with my son, brought Whitethroat singing, but I couldn't see it as my son was standing on the seat and I couldn't let him go for fear of him falling.

Marek also told me I missed off Pheasant from my yearlist, so I guess this makes 101 now, still not having had time to get Sedge Warbler, nor seen Common Tern so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment