Thursday 24 April 2014

Fantastic off patch county tick

My good friend Derek arrived for coffee at about 09:35, about 2 mins before I looked at Berksbirds to find White Stork was being seen just outside Swallowfield. We left in about 5 mins and despite a wrong interpretation on my part as to which field we needed to view, we got to the right area and saw the bird perched at the top of the tree whilst we were still driving and found a good crowd, parking quickly at the now hard to park at site.

And there it was preening and looking ever more likely to fly off, which it of course did around 11:15....West it would seem, but could still be at AWE land somewhere. This places me on 259 for the county and 1 away from Brian, 3 away fro Derek, neither of them needing it.

Here my best iphone shots.











No comments:

Post a Comment