Friday 11 April 2014

A Tern for the better

At LFGP this morning, it was pretty quiet until I saw a Tern coming over, it circled the lake and showed a fine black primary edge front and back, long tail streamers, short bill and elastic wing beats, but I couldn't pick up the translucence in the wings, either way it was an obvious Arctic Tern and made up immediately for my missing the Little Gull a few days ago.

Shortly after 7 Sand Martin went thru and 4 Oystercatcher came in and out.

After I left a Common Tern arrived, but likewise left quickly after.

An hour and 3 quarters in the car park was quiet, 6-7 Buzzard and tow lots of 3 Swallow thru.

I meant to post that on the day of the Dunlin, I had a distant small falcon harassing a Red Kite, but it was just too far to ID, most likely a Kestrel?

No comments:

Post a Comment