Saturday 5 April 2014

Working the patch

I found Marek at Ron's Hide and we scoured the lake and landfill, a Redshank, an Oystercatcher, a Skylark, a few Teal, 1 Goldeneye, 1 female Pochard, Gadwall and lots of BH Gulls was about it.

A search of Sandford brought the 2 male Red Crested Pochard, BSL had nothing to mention, so then a little watch at the car park field, which was better, Nuthatch singing, then Marek picked up 2 Raven off to the NE, 1 Little Owl for a moment in the usual Oak, 2 then 4 more Sand Martin North, plus the usual Mistle Thrush stuffing it's beak with food.

Later Marek texted with news of Willow Warbler at Mortimer's, Martin Mitchell reported one at BSL viewpoint earlier too, putting the park on 97.

Marek asked me what was the highest day list and I am going to have to consult old note books to answer that question, I think it is around 70, or just under.

An after lunch quick walk produced very little except my first chance since February, to get a record shot of the female Red Crested Pochard on Sandford.















I took some distant shots of the Little Egrets on the 3rd, here are two of them



No comments:

Post a Comment