Friday 4 July 2014

Passage begins

I did a quick hour around Lavell's from 08:30, on arrival at Bittern Hide, the same adult Little-ringed Plover was around, plus a Lapwing occasionally chasing it.




Then all of a sudden the first autumn Green Sandpiper, an adult, appeared on the bund too, came quite close, then over to the right hand back mud.




I took a bit of video, but so far have not been successful in getting it posted here.

There were two Little Egrets, 1 juvenile on the scrape, the adult on the old tern island.


Finally as Geoff has been seeing Silver-Washed Fritillary on brambles half way between the hides, I have started looking and took my first Butterfly photo ever - a male Gatekeeper.


Later on further reports of Silver-washed Fritillary brought me back at lunchtime and despite not seeing one, I got shots of Speckled Wood and Large Skipper?, the latter being rather tricky as it kept moving when I went close, so I scoped it from 25 feet to get the shot.


The Green Sandpiper and LRP still present on Tern Scrape.

No comments:

Post a Comment