Sunday 10 August 2014

Weekend special...for some

I was out Saturday checking the car park field, nowt, then on my way to Bittern hide I saw a bright warbler with a short looking tail, flying into the trees on the left of the tarmac path not far past the foot bridge from the car park. I couldn't pick anything up so crossed over to Sandford and did the loop back to BSL sailing club.

No sign, but 8-10 Swift were over the lake.

So back around to Bittern and the same bolshy Little Egret was on show close by, plus a few Lapwing.



Back at the car park, about to leave and an adult Hobby came over from the NW and on SE, so few around this year and everyone is saying the same, so I do wonder what has happened to them this year?

Much later around 19:30, I got a text from Brian asking if I knew about the 21 Black-tailed Godwits reported at 16:30, "No" I said, he was on his way. I was not dressed and decided to wait on Brian's news, bad mistake, as they were there, but not by the time I got there, missing them by 60 seconds.

I am not going to bleat on and on, but put simply rare bird news is a two way street, not one!

No comments:

Post a Comment