Saturday 16 August 2014

Wheatear's etc

I was checking the car park field by 07:45, but no sign of any Redstarts, but that isn't unusual as they only start coming thru around 28th and into mid Sept. I was hoping for a Yellow Wagtail as it started without any breeze, again no joy.

On to Bittern Hide and a small tit flock was bubbling with activity, several Willow Warbler and posing Long-tailed Tits.



A Nuthatch called towards Bittern Hide, where many Reed Warblers continue to hang out, but nothing to speak of on the scrape.

At LFGP no real change, just 1 Green Sandpiper, 1 Dunlin, then I found 2 Wheatear on the vents almost out of view, but they moved to the far landfill cell and hung around vent no's 38 to 42. It is worth a giggle sharing the only shot I got.



After I left Geoff said 3 more Green Sandpiper flew in with a Common Sandpiper.

Off patch yesterday, I was helping my sister settle in at her new house on the NW side of Twyford, which lies very close the Henley train line, about half a mile NE of the BBOWT pit and a Raven went over very low and noisily, so they are still very close by to DP.

No comments:

Post a Comment