Friday 10 October 2014

Ruff time

Yesterday I got the text 3 Ruff in SW corner, but before I could even move from my office, "sorry they got harassed by Lapwing and left SE, after only 3 mins". I was too tied up to visit, but Geoff said 2 Stonechat and a possible Whinchat, the latter was not confirmed.

And today, Geoff texted saying Ruff in front of Ron's Hide, but this time Sheep flushed it and it left high East.

I went to the car park, 2 Blackcap, 3+ Chiffchaff and opposite Ron's, 2-3 more Chiffchaff, a scattering of Meadow Pipit over, 6+ Skylark, 20+ House Martin heading South, 3 Swallow, 1 Grey Wagtail in front of the hide, 2 Kingfisher flashing about, 2 Snipe in the SW corner. 2 Raven went over low West separately, calling quietly.

On the way back numerous Goldcrest and Cetti's calling across the Loddon near the Hazel fencing.

It's funny, but with the month on 76, it is actually hard seeing how we get much in to the 80's, but probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment