Saturday 3 January 2015

Hits and misses

Today was pretty tied up until late afternoon, I did the bottom of the car park field and got Greylag, a lone Great Black-backed Gull over, I re-found the Ruff from there, but didn't see the Little Owl even though it was sunny. Brian told me he saw it in the morning and that Rik Addison had 4 Goosander on BSL, but they'd gone by the time he looked. He got multiple House Sparrows at the main centre cafe garden.

I helped a couple see 2 of up to 4 Water Rail in the scrape, 10+ Snipe kept low, then I scanned the reeds one more time and found a Bittern, my first for 363 days!

I left and 25 minutes later Brian and Mary saw a Barn Owl hunting in the meadow briefly, making the park on 65, me on 61.

I expect someone has seen some of these but so far I have no reports of : Little Grebe, Mistle Thrush, Grey Wagtail, Kestrel, Siskin, Lesser Redpoll, Little Egret, Chiffchaff, Nuthatch, Coal Tit, Kingfisher, Pied Wagtail, Peregrine, Sparrowhawk, Tawny Owl, Skylark, Meadow Pipit, or Linnet.

Now for my latest photos. the 4 Great Black-backed Gulls













My only shot of the Ruff that resembles one


No comments:

Post a Comment