Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year's Day

Wasn't out early, but it was very grey and overcast, so it felt earlier. First was Blackbird as I passed the Mill.

I headed straight for the car park field, 5 Snipe over the landfill was it, then the golf course where I found a lone Fieldfare. Round to Bittern and nothing happening, back to the car park field again, hearing Ring-necked Parakeet and seeing 1 Great Black-backed Gull, head South, on to LFGP and 4 more GBB's on the deck.

Plenty of Lapwing and amongst them rather nice surprise in the form of a Ruff, very pale around the sides of the neck and base of the bill. Awesome picture to follow taken at 300 metres.

Last stop Sandford, Goldeneye, Shoveler and Cetti's brought my day total to 59. I added nothing later when I met Marek at dusk, but a distant flock of somethings could have been Golden Plover.

No comments:

Post a Comment