Saturday 28 March 2015

Some pipit passage

Mid morning yesterday and I got an hour round the car park field, with groups of 4-9 Meadow Pipit coming thru NE to NW, 42+ being my total.

Prior to that I was scanning the landfill for anything when I got on a distant goose already beyond Lodge Wood, going away. It was hard to see anything on it until it turned sideways on and did not show much pale on the upper wing and whilst it was hard to be sure, looked a little more compact than a Greylag. A guess would be possible White-fronted, but it was always going away and I lost it behind trees as it turned West.

Lots of Buzzard up displaying, Kestrel pair doing the same, 1-2 Sparrowhawk, but nothing else.

Today, there was even less. Nuthatch at a new nest site and Redshank, Green Sandpiper at LFGP, plus 4, or more Skylark chasing each other around, again let's hope we get good breeding results this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment