Sunday 12 April 2015

100

I went out just before 07:00 and thought I'd try for a flyover Yellow Wagtail in the car park field, or BSL first. No luck with that, but an expected first for the year Common Tern was flying slowly around BSL.

It was actually pretty quiet, no hirundines at all, on to Bittern hide and was annoyed to find yet more vandalism and fire damage this time. 1 pair of Shoveler, was about it there.

I saw and heard 5 Willow Warbler around the park and went on to check for Nightingale at BSL, but no sign today. On the way back I checked the WSL reeds for Reed Warbler, failing on that I did get the first Sedge Warbler instead, my 100th species for 2015.

Just 1 Oyc on Sandford and on to LFGP, but a quick visit to Teal Hide to check for Reed Warbler there, again no luck.

At LFGP it was very quiet, 2 Snipe, 3-4 Lapwing, 4 Teal was all I saw. I passed Geoff on the way out, he texted 20 minutes after I left with news of the first Common Sandpiper, which I had no time to return to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment