Sunday 26 April 2015

Not bad for a work party day

I don't often go out before a work party, but I was awake at 06:30 anyway and felt a bit of tern or wader passage was possible. I only managed time to wait and see at BSL and nothing happened, but I did think I heard Lesser Whitethroat call twice near the beach.

By the time the work party was about to start, Richard had texted saying 1 Dunlin on the shingle island at LFGP. As I drove the pickup along the track it had become 2, but my attention fell on the birds coming up in front of me...2 Yellow Wagtails and what looked like White too.

I Tweeted the news and it transpired to be 3 Yellow, 2 White, plus the 2 Dunlin, 3 Common Sandpiper, 1 Snipe, 3 Oystercatcher, 2 Redshank, 3 LRP, not sure I saw any Lapwing, but darn good wader count by our standards.

During the work party we saw 2 Cuckoo, a Hobby and a good few hirundines, mostly Swallow, but Sand and House Martin too. Later on Marek phoned to say a Lesser Whitethroat was in the central compound f the car park field, so I guess I was right earlier.

Offsite yesterday afternoon and I took the family to see the Hudsonian Godwit and very nice it was, along with the Great White Egret, Bearded Tits, Water Rail and Greenshank.


No comments:

Post a Comment