Thursday 30 April 2015

same again

Still cold, but bright this morning around 06:10 when I arrived.

Cuckoo, probably 2 about, LFGP : 3 Common Sandpiper, 2 LRP, 3 Lapwing, a few House Martin over, 2-3 Teal, 2 Common Tern.

BSL : More or less nothing.

The upside is that I forgot to count Shelduck for April and we arrived at 106, making a new third best total for all Aprils'.

Not unusual but we are missing Coal Tit, which I think goes quiet and stays further West of the park, but I still suspect is never far away and perhaps should go down as 'Assumed Present'.

With the rainier weather heading in I am hopeful some of the those waders might come through from tonight thru to the bank holiday...fingers crossed.

A lunchtime visit today I spent most of the time looking up and was rewarded with 4 Hobby hunting to the immediate North East of the car park field and landfill. I last saw 4 in spring on 21st April & 24th 2013. There were 5 on 10th May 2006, but I have to go all the way back to 2002 to find bigger number - 5/6th May, 6/10th, 9/22nd, 11/23rd, 14/27th and these numbers have never been beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment