Tuesday 14 April 2015

The king of the dawn chorus has arrived

I went down to BSL viewpoint very early this morning, the noise of the other dawn chorus birds was so loud I struggled to hear the first Nightingale above it all.

But circling what we 'old boys' call the West bank, which is opposite the view point, one was singing quite well. It was way to dark to see it, but I just wanted to be sure one was in, I hope we get at least 2 more to match last year's singing male count, more would be even better and give us some hope our fencing has had a positive impact.

On to LFGP and it was very quiet,  Still 14 Teal present, just one pair of Oystercatcher, 5 Lapwing, 2 Snipe and 1 LRP the only waders on show, so the Common Sandpiper eludes me still, as does Reed Warbler.


No comments:

Post a Comment