Friday 4 September 2015

Glad I got up early? well not really

I was out by 06:20 and went straight to Lea Farm GP, Marek arrived 2 minutes later and found the only good bird out there, a male Mandarin, which headed to the SE corner and out of sight.

At BSL, there was nothing, well I did miss the Mistle Thrush that flew over, in the car park field there was nothing, but a scan from the bottom produced a very large flock of mostly House Martin, beyond Lodge Wood, so over Hurst Green GP, odd really, as there were no hirundines over BSL at all.

And home I went, thinking nothing more about it until Brian called saying Whinchat on the scrub in front of Lea Farm buildings, then it moved to the nearest vent and stayed there for nearly an hour. By which time PBT had a Yellow Wagtail over and Alan had 2 'chat types' on the vents...which turned out to be Wheatear.

By the time I got back down to the car park field, there was nothing to see, but as luck would have it I heard a Siskin going over East, the first this year and 128th species for the 2015 park year list, 124th for me.

Later still Trevor called saying he was at Ron's looking at 2 Wheatear and the Whinchat, albeit that they were in the far NE corner landfill, when I got there 1 Wheatear was on show, but 6 Mistle Thrush landed on the big dead tree just NE of the landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment